I have always wanted to write a post about my two dedicated lawyers--Atty. Joy and Atty. Norie, who deserve all the recognition in the world for their untiring service to women like me (they never lost an Annulment case). Well, this is the best time 'coz I just spent 3 1/2 hours of fun and laughter with the two of them.
As I was driving home from Blue Wave where we celebrated our long-awaited victory (the granting of my Petition for Marriage Annulment), I was still grinning from ear to ear about how the three of us enjoy each other's company so much.
It's because we have so many things in common:
1) We are all single mothers although different in origin. Atty. Norie was once happily married to a loving husband but sadly lost his life to the Big C, while Atty. Joy was never married (lucky for her) but chose to take care of a cute baby girl. As for me, my marriage was just declared NULL AND VOID FROM THE BEGINNING (a million thanks to the both of them!).
2) We all vow to remain single for the rest of our lives although deep in my heart, I pray that Atty. Joy and Atty. Norie will find the man of their dreams (or the man of their dreams will find them). No one for me please!
3) We all love funny movies from "Shrek" to "Music and Lyrics". How we talked about the movies that we enjoyed watching was simply hilarious. Atty. Norie and I also love action movies but when we verbalized our intention of watching Die Hard 4, Atty. Joy jokingly told us that how could we possibly like Bruce Willis when he's already bald and old? Of course, Atty. Norie and I retaliated that Bruce Willis is still Bruce Willis, whether young or old. But we all agreed that Jude Law definitely has the sexiest, most expressive eyes there is. Better watch "the Holiday" if you happen to disagree with the three of us.
4) We are all diet watchers although Atty. Joy and I tease Atty. Norie for being paranoid about her calorie intake. I wanted to have dinner at Blue Bay Buffet but she preferred Kimono Ken for she only wanted to eat Kani Salad! After thorough deliberation,we asked for 3 orders of Kani Salad, 3 Miso Soup, 1 Chicken Teriyaki, 1 Tuna Sashimi and 1 Tempura of 5 pcs. prawns. Upon my prodding, Atty. Norie tried the Green Mango Shake while Atty. Joy remained loyal to the good old water. Of course, I didn't order any drink coz I don't leave home without 1 can of Light Coke in my Coleman.
5) We all want to be physically fit but unfortunately, because of their rat race schedule (being in demand and all) my two lawyer friends lack the time to devote even only 30 minutes a day for exercise. I shared some tips which you might also find helpful:
a) 30 minutes of brisk walking if you have time
b) 15 minutes of going up and down the stairs is equivalent to 30 mins. of walking
c) 15 minutes exercise upon waking up and 15 minutes before sleeping or
d) spread the 30 min. exercise into 3 10-minute exercises during the day. Maybe 10 mins. morning, 10 mins. mid day, 10 mins. afternoon
e) include hula hoop even for only 5 mins. to trim the belly
After we drank coffee at Cheesecake, etc. and indulged in Choco Dome (both of them ate 1/16 each while I had no choice but to finish the remaining 7/8 of the gigantic slice), Atty. Norie and Atty. Joy promised me that when we meet after 3 months, they will surprise me with their new belly-free figures.
I have absolutely no doubt that they will.