Sunday, October 19, 2008

Postscript to KOTR 2008

After writing 4 posts about the highly acclaimed ADIDAS King Of The Road, this will be my last blog about it. Promise!!



Ngek! Nasayang naman ang pose ko . . . Excuse me sir. You're blocking the view. (Noticed the changing hues across the horizon? Ganda pala ng sunrise sa The Fort!)

Ay salamat. Nakatiempo din si Ate Ella (our official photographer for this race). Have you noticed the similarity of my New Balance shoes with the giant Adidas shoe at the back?

Where art thou Ate Ella when I was about to cross the finish line? Why did you have to wait until I get my finisher's certificate?


Taken right after my cousin Jun and I were reunited. I promised to run side by side with him but he's just too fast for me. He ran again this morning at Botak Paabilisan with an incredible finish of 27:27 mins. Great race for a second timer, don't you think? He started his blog after his run at the KOTR. You can check it out at http://www.junmuego.blogspot.com/.

Oh, the sweet fruits of my training: P500 cash, P2,000 worth of ADIDAS items and medal (which I didn't receive on stage because we left early after the race).

No use crying why I left early and missed my chance of a short moment of fame. Here's a better picture heh heh . . . Hope to see you all at the OctobeRUN Festival!

18 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow, you are an inspiration to many out there. Keep it up and most important keep enjoying your running. Will see you surely on Sunday... God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats uli Nora. Quennie and I have registered for the OctobeRun. See you there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi ate nors,

    wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. That's all I can say. I'm so proud to be your cousin.

    Hope I can have that thing around my neck sometime soon (or can I borrow it for a photo?)

    Thanks also for the blog ad. See you on October 26.

    Junjun

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! hope to meet you this sunday in october run. i'll be the official photographer again of our group hehe! are you registered for the 10K? -mae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally Philip! This Sunday is our chance to see each other. Good luck! Sorry about what happened in your Clark Dua. Nevertheless, I'm sure you enjoyed the whole experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to see you and Que at the OctobeRUN Jinoe! THis time, I'll stick around after the race. Good luck to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha Jun. You don't have to borrow my medal coz I'm sure you'll have one for yourself in the very near future. See you this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5k lang ako Mae. You know, I'm still looking for an official photographer for our group . . . care to shoot for 2 groups hehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too bad you missed your stage debut, di bale you look gorgeous naman in your pics hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Nora!! Inggit ako -- you're first run at The Fort and a winner at that -- good winnings, too!! You can get a real Adidas shoe to match against the picture!! he! he! Catch you next Sunday at the OctoberRun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. woohoo! congrats uli nora! see you at OctobeRun. Do wait for us at the finish line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hah hah . . . I agree Gene, I'm sure I didn't look as "gorgeous" as this if I received my medal right after the race!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks again, Johnny! Had you not been there, I could have finished the race in a much longer time. I was following you from behind trying my best to catch up with you. I felt you were running faster than my normal pace so I asked you what was our pace. Eh pareho pala tayong hindi naka hightech running gadget hehe...

    Actually Johnny I wanted very much to wear my matching Adidas shoes but I'm more comfortable with my NB shoes. I wear my Adidas during easy runs though.

    Looking forward to run with you again this Oct. 26 Johnny!

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This time, Wilbert--I will!

    Good luck in the OctobeRUN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nora! Am so proud of you! :-) Congrats, congrats, congrats! You deserve everything... and there's whole lots more to come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A well deserved reward for a hard working runner. Congratulations again. See you at the Octberun Race. I'll be running the 5K to pace Swthrt. Actually the whole family might be running. The kids like to join the 3k run. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you mj! Hope to see you at the OctobeRUN. Congrats again for winning the Quiz Bee. You're absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Another running family! Good luck to all of you, Bro J. Hope this time, we get the chance to see each other.

    ReplyDelete