Monday, November 10, 2008

My First VSO Run: A Dream Come True


When I registered for the VSO Run last Oct. 14, the singlet was not yet available. When I claimed it at ROX 5 days before the race, I was ecstatic to see Coach Rio there who gladly pose for this commemorative picture.








Jenny and I arrived at the Fort before 5AM. Unfortunately, no runner blogger in sight.






After almost losing hope to see any runner blogger, Bro J with his 'new' hair & darling Baby suddenly appeared! He told me that Wayne & the other runner bloggers were already inside the assembly area.







I dragged Jenny (my official photographer for this race) inside the 15k starting area to look for the runner bloggers. It wasn't difficult to see Wayne, standing tall amidst the pool of runners.
I approached him and he immediately recognized me! I couldn't believe I finally met the SFrunner! We exchanged kisses and then posed with the runner bloggers who were around him. It was almost a dream that I found myself surrounded with these gorgeous guys: Taki, Wilbert, Joe, Dindo and Glenn.

















To be continued . . .

15 comments:

  1. Hi the GG, wow, you're in elite company yesterday with the SFRunner to boot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right! Dreams do really come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to meet you Golden Girl! You brought much warmth and joy that morning! you are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice to meet you Nora. Im sorry I wasnt able to talk to you longer after the race. Naku, natatakot ako makita yung pic ko kasi umaagos pa yung pawis ko nun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi nora! we finally got to meet. everybody was so happy to see you last Sunday! nice photos and see you on the next runs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nora, grateful to have finally met you. Thank you for the welcome. You're an inspiration, believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nice meeting you nora. See you again in future races. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi nora please email me at jce_velocity@yahoo.com so that i can send you your finish line photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was great starting the race with you, Baby! I'm so happy we met before the race started. Hope to see you again in future races. Thank you so much for those kind words. In our own little way, each one of us is an inspiration to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jinoe, di naman halata ang pawis. Gwapong gwapo ka pa rin.

    It's sooh nice to meet you and Que. Next time, habaan natin ang usapan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wilbert, I was really happy to see you and the other runner bloggers. You're as kind and gentle as you look in your pictures. See you again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wayne, I'm glad I didn't register 10k for this race. I'm not trained for this kind of route. I was already excited to run 5k with you so we could talk longer but things didn't turn out as planned. You were registered at 15k! It's a great disappointment for me but the VSO Run is the happiest race I've ever joined because I saw you even only for a while and I also met quite a number of runner bloggers.

    Hope to see you again, Wayne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Bro J. Hope you're now fully recovered. Saw the pictures in your blog. Really awesome!

    The pleasure is mine--meeting you and the other runner bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh btw, the guy in blue and sunglasses is Glenn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the info, Wilbert! Grabe na to. I'm reading your blog while you're reading mine.

    ReplyDelete