Monday, November 10, 2008

My First VSO Run (Part 2)

(Part 2 of My First VSO Run: A Dream Come True)


Then I told them I still haven't seen Jaymie. I don't remember anymore who informed me that Jaymie was just standing right behind me!

Like a fairy godmother whisking her magic wand, I turned around and there was Jaymie, together with Jay, the Honorable Doc Doray and JunC!

Two weeks ago I was in a room filled with Kapuso stars and I must admit I was thrilled.

But the excitement in finally meeting the runner bloggers is beyond comparison.

I felt like a teenager again in close encounter with my first love!






We had a lively chat (thank you Jay for the very kind words) and though I still wanted to stay and share more stories, the emcee started to count, signalling the start of the 15k race. I said good luck to all of them and made my way out of the pack. I was almost tempted to run the 15k just to spend more time with you guys but I'm glad I didn't.

I tried to look for my cousin Jun but he was nowhere to be found (I found out later that he positioned himself at the front row). Thank God I again saw Baby, Bro. J's swthrt. I desperately needed someone I know to run with me for the first kilometer.

I wasn't prepared for a hilly route. The KOTR was almost flat from start to finish. No sweat. This time, I almost gave up, for I already felt the soreness in my legs. I told myself I will just try to finish the race, no matter what the time. The most important thing is, I'll finish it without any injury.

And by God's grace, I did it!

But when I woke up this morning, my whole body is in pain. I remember the Triathlon Ad on TV:

"The human body is not made for this kind of sport. But the SPIRIT is!"

Watch out for Part 3 . . .

14 comments:

  1. hi nora,

    i am so happy for you...i can really feel your joy to the highest level...i am now too anxious to read your part 3...hahaha congrats girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great meeting you eventually and I have this feeling it was just the beginning. I will see you around at the races, keep that wonderfull smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora, I may be pre-empting your part 3 but I know you were a very close 2nd place in your age group. Congratulations! You stand a very good chance of winning the other races, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your run. Dreams do come true. One simply has to have the courage to dream big and the patience to see through its fruition. I hope to bump into you one of these races.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Tita Nora! :O) Job well done! See you in the next races!

    Thanks for posting the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed you there Anna. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course Philip we will still see each other in future races. If I don't falter in my training, we could even run together . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually Dindo I placed second but not close second hah hah . . . I struggled with the hilly route which I'm not accustomed of. Time to include ascending terrain in my training. For the record, you look much much younger in person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Doc Doray. I hope someday I could also run with you. I'm sure running the race would be a breeze if I'm doing it with someone as wonderful as you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Rico. Dreams do really come true. I dream to meet all the runner bloggers. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think i was the one who pointed you to jaymie. she was beside me when i saw you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Wilbert. Ang taas kasi ni Wayne kaya siya agad ang nakita ko.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nora! It was nice to meet you a 2nd time under more favorable circumstances :) Grabe, you brought life to the entire crowd no matter how sleepy we were at that time. I'm so glad to have met you. I can only wish to have half your spirit and energy when I'm 50. Wait, sure ka ba 50 ka na?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hah hah Jaymie, you're so sweet. I was in my highest spirit and energy that morning because I saw you and the runner bloggers whom I've been dreaming to meet. Believe me, without the runner bloggers (most especially you), I won't be what I am now--fit and truly happy!

    ReplyDelete