1. Eat as much as you can of that special kind of salty-sweet bone-in Chinese Ham before it disappears in the market.
2. Eat the whole queso de bola as fast as you can or you'll be sorry 'coz it will turn as hard as stone in a matter of days.
3. Be the first to peel off the crispy skin of the delicious lechon before the rest of the family and relatives rush to the feast table.
4. Don't hesitate to eat the orange fats soaked in the sauce of your Pork Adobo with Crabs (a Pampango delicacy).
5. Drink soft drinks instead of water (to some, drink beer instead of water/soft drinks). It's Christmas! Let's drink and be merry!
6. Don't measure your intake of peanuts and pistachios. Recent studies show that they don't cause arthritis.
7. Sleep 10-11 hours to combat the damaging effect of changes in weather and the demands of the holiday season.
8. Don't run very early in the morning or you might catch cold brought about by the December chill.
9. Don't run late afternoon or you might catch cold brought about by the evening breeze or sudden downpour of rain.
10. Don't feel guilty if you can't find time to exercise. Shopping for gifts for 10 days will suffice as exercise.
And I was wondering how I gained 10 lbs.???
Thank God I ran today . . . under the rain.
10 days to go before the PSE Bull Run.
Will I make it in time? (lose the 10 lbs. of lechon, queso de bola, crab fats, etc.)
Will I finish my first 10K race without the proper training and preparation?
There's only one way to find out.
See you all at the PSE Bull Run!