Wednesday, September 14, 2022

CHALLENGE DAY 2: Choose Your Destination

 I was around 3-4 yrs. old when I would excitedly draw fashionable clothes whenever I got hold of pen and paper.  At that tender age, I was certain what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to dress thousands of women when I grow up. The road to pursue my passion was bumpy and rough. It took numerous twists and turns until I finally realized my long-time wish. But things don’t always happen the way we want them to be. After 14 years of actually living my childhood dream, I chose to give it up inorder to break free from my husband. I never looked back since then. I burned all the bridges behind me.

I was 45 that time, with 2 very special children to take care of. Too old to return to the corporate world. Selling was the best option because of flexible working time and the prospect of unlimited income. So I joined my mother’s company. But unlike her, I was hands-on with my children’s needs. They were my priority and will always be. I did not dream of becoming a Senior Agency Manager like she did.

For Challenge Day 2, Jack Canfield wants us to declare ONE CHANGE we want to achieve before the year ends. And he wants us to take ONE BOLD action today that will move us closer to that specific Change. Lastly, he wants us to commit to this action and complete it before we sleep tonight.

At 64, where do I go from here? Is there still something significant that I want to do with my life? My son is now living his dream of teaching children and adults how to play the piano. I have already fulfilled my daughter’s dream of staging her once-in-a-lifetime debut concert. It wasn’t easy because she has Down Syndrome but with so many supportive people backing her up, it was a huge success.

Of course there is! I still haven’t run 100k Ultramarathon to raise funds for the Down Syndrome Assn, of tthe Phils. Inc. or DSAPI. And this would be extremely difficult because I haven’t been running regularly for the past 3 months! 

Today I promise myself to prepare a training program that will lead me to run a 100k Ultramarathon. Before the year ends, I should have been religiously running 4-5 times a week, adding mileage of not more than 10% each week to avoid any injury. 

Hoping to run 100k  at age 65. Who’s with me?

(Thanks for dropping by my blog. You may email me at ndel62@gmail.com for comments or reactions. Stay safe everyone!)