Wednesday, June 6, 2007

12 Birthday Wishes

Let me share with you the "12 Birthday Wishes" for my 49th birthday sent by a person who, like my dearest mother, has touched many lives with her compassion, generosity and love--Ate Zeny Antonio:

1. Sunrise after the darkest of nights (reminds me of my son's favorite song "Better Days")
2. Friends who bring out the best in you
3. A love that makes you smile
4. Belief that anything is possible
5. Courage to finally do what you've been putting off
6. Time for yourself
7. Promises that are not broken
8. An answered prayer
9. A heart that forgives
10. A birthday feeling all-year-round
11. A soul that heals
12. A life with no regrets

To all of you who visited/called/e-mailed/ texted to greet me today, thank you very much. Oh, and thanks to my friends who sent me cards and gifts. For those who forgot, I forgive you. Have a nice life, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nora, just read your blog, i'm very happy for you and your family.
    My best regards to them.

    Tatay is now bedridden i do not know if will survive till end of this year. Ate Agnes will be arriving tomorrow from vancouver. Baby will be home by july 28.

    regards to all from jun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you, jun--although deeply saddened by your news. We still had a wonderful time last November, 1996 when we dropped by your place. He was in his usual jolly disposition with his signature laughter that covers the entire neighborhood. I remember he was still an avid tennis player that time, joining tournaments for senior citizens (which incidentally, I hope to join 11 yrs from now). Your father has always occupied a special place in my heart because among the tennis players, he was the one who gave me 5 centavos more for my service as pulot girl. Maybe because he was eyeing me then as his future daughter-in-law (hah hah hah I'm sure you remembered that). I'm glad that although we didn't make it to the altar, we are still friends.

    Your father lived his life to the fullest, always surrounded by his loving family and friends who truly cared for him. I have no doubt that he lived a life with no regrets.

    Will pray for the whole family . . .

    Nora

    ReplyDelete