Friday, October 22, 2021

Thank God History Did Not Repeat Itself

Please read first the previous post “The Choice is Yours” before you proceed because this is actually an EPILOGUE to that post.

Last Oct. 19,2021 when Gio had his 2nd dose of Pfizer Vaccine, he requested that we drop by Dunkin’ Donuts in celebration of his being fully vaccinated. I agreed right away because it was just along Gloria Diaz St. in BF where I planned to pass from Robinson’s to Philamlife Village.

Parking in front of the building was not a problem but the guard signalled me to go nearer in front to allow more parking space. I instinctively followed his instruction.

It was Gio who bought the donuts and after a few minutes, he was back in the car. I was busy reading my texts that I did not notice a car was already parked behind me. “Oh no, not again!” But I quickly dismissed the notion that what happened in Zapote will happen again because the guard hastily went inside the store to call the driver.

I expected the driver to swiftly move his car but instead, he comfortably stood at the Entrance door and gestured me to wait.

“You have the nerve to ask me to wait for you? Just who do you think you are?” I snapped but only Gio heard it for we were both inside the car. I was about to open my door and ready to start a war when Gio tried to pacify me:  “Mama, he’ll probably be finished soon. Just chill and wait.”

Unlike in the previous incident, this time I was the one who froze. I prayed to God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; all the angels and saints; Jesus, Mary, & St. Joseph and to my guardian angel that my sanity will not desert me. I cannot let history repeat itself, not with the presence of my only son. I cannot let my son see her mother transform from a woman to a raging savage beast. I should be the role model for my kid, not the other way around.

There are times when our prayers are answered the way we want them to be. By God’s grace I was able to sit still (with teeth clenched) until the driver finally went out and waved his hand as if we were longtime friends.

Sometimes, a miracle happens to prevent another catastrophe happening all over again.

(Thank you for dropping by my blog and sending your comments and reactions. You may also email me at ndelr62@gmail.com. Stay safe everyone!)