Wednesday, July 14, 2021

My First Love (Part 4)

(Have you read Parts 1 to 3? Read them first before reading this post. Scroll down please. Enjoy!)

To ensure my safety from the ‘civil war' outbreak in Cotabato, my dear parents thought it was best for me to continue my studies in Manila.

The timing was great, as I was then planning to run away from home.  I was desperate to be free from my father’s military-like discipline before it chokes me to death. I also wanted to punish my mother who was always prioritizing her career over her only daughter for as long as I could remember.  I already saved enough money for me to reach Dadiangas and some pocket money for me to survive while looking for work.  I was confident to easily get a job because I was highly trained by my own father with any household and office work.  Back then, hiring minors was a common practice.

God must really loved me because my dream of leaving home would now come true without me worrying about my living expenses.  I won’t be stopping my studies and won’t be working anymore  inorder to survive.  The arrangement was just too good to be true but it was really happening!

I was barely 15 years old when I left Marbel.  Holy Spirit Dormitory along San Sebastian St. became my second home during my 3rd and 4th year stay in UE HS Recto.  I considered myself very lucky that 4 out of my 5 room mates were also from Marbel and nearby towns.  It's as if I never left my birthplace because we were speaking in Ilonggo, our native tongue.

Feeling homesick was something I never experienced.  Thanks to the sisterly bond of the “6 Sexy Chicks of Room 6” and of course, for the the tender loving care of my First Love.  Coke and balut (boiled fertilized duck egg) kept me company every night while doing my assignments.

For the first time in 15 years, I was totally free to be with the Love of my life—anytime I want.  I was in heaven!
  
(Thanks for dropping by my blog.  Feel free to send your comments or reactions via Messenger or email to ndelr62@gmail.com.  Stay safe everyone!)