Friday, October 7, 2022

Tip # 2: How to Evolve from Walking to Running

 If you’re already walking comfortably for 30 minutes and seemed bored with the regularity of the routine, you might want to spice it up by adding a few running steps in between. The length should be very short to just excite your heart a little. When your breathing returns to normal again, try another set of running but longer this time. But not long enough to significantly disrupt your breathing. Repeat the process until you complete your 30-minute walk.

After doing this for sometime, you maight want to try the 1:1 Interval. Run slow for 1 minute, then walk fast for the next minute. If you think you can run longer, try 2:1. Then 3:1 and so on. Pick the right Interval for you.

In my case, I ran my first 5k race without stopping. I also ran my first 10k race without stopping. As for my first 21k race, I only stopped at water stations to hydrate. I was too proud to incorporate walking into my routine. That was then. Now? Even if its only 2k, I would still apply the 1:1 Interval hahahah . . .

(Thanks for dropping by my blog. For further questions, you may email me at nder62@gmail.com or chat with me via Messenger. Stay safe everyone!)